Cross-post from 500px - #6 | Russia

Finally this post breaks the apparent silence on the blog this year. Honestly I was not expecting this one to be the first post of this year. But things have been very busy. I have a set of unfinished drafts that I would probably publish just the way they are - that would be my next post.

I grew up reading a lot of Russian books - translated in either English or Hindi. With that Soviet impression in my mind, I  always wanted to visit Russia. And Shyamakshi was interested too (she still does not agree for a trip to the DPRK). So, we materialized the plan. Things have probably changed a lot in Russia, or perhaps they were never the way I pictured them as a child by reading their books. But in any case, visiting two major cities of this great country was not at all disappointing. Russia has its own unique flavor to offer, derived from the cusp of Asia and Europe. Here are some snaps cross-posted from 500px - shot in Moscow and Saint Petersburg.


Photograph Kremlin Guards by Vivek Pandey on 500px

Photograph St Peters Basilica, Red Square, Moscow by Vivek Pandey on 500px


Photograph Students by Vivek Pandey on 500px

Photograph Saint Issac's Cathedral by Vivek Pandey on 500px


Photograph Tzar, Tzarina and the Tourist by Vivek Pandey on 500px


Photograph The Painter by Vivek Pandey on 500px

Photograph Savior on the Spilled Blood by Vivek Pandey on 500px

Popular Posts