Month #7 and #8 of Living Without | Cold Showers and Tea-Coffee

Note: This post is a follow up of my earlier post which talks about 2014 as an 'Year of Living Without'. 


I am not sure of what is keeping me busy these days. Mondays arrive. And then the time between Tuesdays to Fridays passes away so quickly that before I know it, the weekend is already there. The weekends too seem to slip away fast. Meanwhile, there is enough work to be done. There are pending photographs that need editing, plus a few long pending drafts on this blog. There is a list of movies that needs attention - it keeps getting longer. Several unfinished books too. Life has become that corrupt video file where a frame has frozen on the screen, but you can see the time on the progress bar ticking off at its own pace.

I skipped posting my feedback on month #7 - about having cold showers. It didn't go too well. For the first few days I managed without hot water. But eventually I decided to turn the tap the other way. In short - I failed in July.

-

Month #8 went pretty well. I am not a big fan of consuming tea-coffee and hence was able to avoid them completely for the entire month. Yes, there were instances when I longed for a hot cup of tea on a chilly Bangalore morning. Very often, the tea-time biscuits felt too dry. The urge to dunk them in a warm cup of ginger tea was irresistible. And yet I managed well.

The September month is about using only cash. About no electronic money transfers, no cards, no ATMs. Let us see how far do we go with that.


Popular Posts