Moong Dal ka Halwa


Two days back, I went for dinner with my friends and acquaintances, where they served us their famous 'Moong daal ka Halwa'. Twas so heavy, with an impressive amount of desi-ghee poured in, that I could hardly eat two serves. Today, the longing for the 'Halwa' has revived again. I'm sitting, and uselessly fantasizing the aroma and the taste of the mankind's one of the most delicious inventions. May God bless the inventor's soul.

Sometimes man repents for nothing. I'm repenting that I should have helped myself with MDKH to the fullest when it was within my reach. Now, my thought process has been dangerously hampered, and I'm least concerned about what is going on around me. With the stomach growling for food, MDKH seems to be my only saviour, blame it all to the God-gifted sense of taste I am blessed with.

Since I can do nothing about fulfilling my carnal desires except supressing them till I manage to get my hands on MDKH, let me put down the reciepe so that things get documented.



Ingredients:

100 gms Moong Dal
200 gms Ghee
100 gms Sugar
1/2 glass Water
10 pieces Badam
5 pieces Pista
4-5 Currants

Preparation:

Soak moong dal for two hours and then grind it and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a pan and put the moong dal in it.
Saute on low flame till it turns golden brown and leaves a distinct aroma.
Remove from the flame and set aside.
Heat water in a pan, add sugar and boil the mixture till sugar melts.
Put the moong dal mixture in this sugar syrup and cook on a low flame till the dal and sugar blends well.
Remove moong dal ka halwa from the flame and decorate it with chopped dry fruits.

Serve.

(Courtesy: indianfoodforever.com )

Popular Posts